Dice Macro crashing (1.3e - Vista and XP)

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Akira73

Dice Macro crashing (1.3e - Vista and XP)

Post by Akira73 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:15 pm

When attempting to use percentile dice in the Dice Macro feature, I get the following message box displayed:

Director Player Error

Handler not defined

#myResult

Script Error. Continue?

[Yes] [No]

This occurs when attempting to run any Dice Macro that involves the 10's die from any dice set. This also happens when attempting to run the sample Dice Macro "Weather". This problem is happening on multiple PC systems running Vista or XP.

Akira73

RE: Dice Macro crash

Post by Akira73 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:36 pm

There is a workaround for this. Create percentile dice using 2 different color 10-sided dice. Or you can use the X-die from the Blue Dice set. Both of these will create percentile dice rolls without encountering the script error.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:46 pm

I'll check it out. I know it used to work fine, but it must've broken during a recent release. Thanks for posting this bug report.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:37 pm

This bug is fixed for the next release.

I also fixed a related bug, where if you tried to edit the number of percentile dice being rolled, the dice would get changed to d10s.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.