Bug with Tiling of Objects: 1.3f

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Farland
High Commander

Bug with Tiling of Objects: 1.3f

Post by Farland » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:20 pm

This is a strange bug. Whenever I edit an object by scaling it and rotating it, if I then change it to free-floating or tile it, the changes become undone. Sometimes I can't redo them. Once I select free-floating, I can also no longer rotate it manually using the hotkey. It's sort of annoying.

I am on 64 bit vista windows.
The World of Farland: www.farlandworld.com

The best PbP site on the net: www.myth-weavers.com

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:16 am

Thanks, I'll look into this. Is the bug avoidable if you set up all your settings prior to making it a tile or a free-floating object?

The part that is NOT a bug is that Free-Floating Objects ignore rotation with the Hotkeys. That's intentional. But you can rotate it "manually" by selecting "Edit Object..." and changing the Rotation setting.

What kind of free-floating object are you needing to rotate with the hotkeys?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Farland
High Commander

Post by Farland » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:36 am

heruca wrote:Thanks, I'll look into this. Is the bug avoidable if you set up all your settings prior to making it a tile or a free-floating object?
No. The setting undo themselves when I select free-floating.
The part that is NOT a bug is that Free-Floating Objects ignore rotation with the Hotkeys. That's intentional. But you can rotate it "manually" by selecting "Edit Object..." and changing the Rotation setting.
I tried that. The rotation bar did nothing.
What kind of free-floating object are you needing to rotate with the hotkeys?
Things like doors.
The World of Farland: www.farlandworld.com

The best PbP site on the net: www.myth-weavers.com

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:19 pm

Things like doors shouldn't be Free Floating objects. That wouldn't make any sense, since free-floating objects ignore map panning and zooming. They are fixed to one spot on your screen. The feature is intended for things like map legends, map scale bars, a compass rose, etc.

And if I recall correctly, free-floating objects are drawn above the FoW layer, so that they are never obscured.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:17 pm

(1.4g) Free-Floating objects are ignoring rotation, through hotkeys (intentional), and edit object (not intentional?).

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:48 pm

The latter is not intentional, and I'll fix it in the next release.

Fortunately, it's rare that you'll need to rotate an object that will be used as a free floating object. A compass rose is about the only common object that I can think of that you'd want to rotate.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:20 pm

nightwalker450 wrote:(1.4g) Free-Floating objects are ignoring rotation, through hotkeys (intentional), and edit object (not intentional?).
This is fixed in v1.4h.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:28 am

Confirmed Fixed.