D10 Dice Roller Script Error [FIXED-v1.4]

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Archmagician
Soldier

D10 Dice Roller Script Error [FIXED-v1.4]

Post by Archmagician » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:10 pm

Software: Demo version of 1.3e
Steps to reproduce:
1. In newly opened (Havent tried it any other way) BG Press Roll Dice (r) menu button
2. When Dice screen apprears add a tens d10 (one that rolls 10, 20, 30...00). I have tried a few colors of dice but not all.
3. Click on Roll button

Here is the error that I get:

Director Player Error
Handler not defined

#myResult
Script Error. Continue?

-----------------------------

It seems to me that the script necessary for the d10s dice has never been defined.

Also, can we get a d100? :P

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:10 pm

Those actually ARE the percentile dice (d100). :wink:

There was a bug in v1.3e that caused percentile dice to not work and give an error. It was fixed in v1.3f.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Archmagician
Soldier

Post by Archmagician » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:48 pm

Is 1.3f the latest version? I didnt realize! I though 1.3e was!

Anyway, I recommend that you put the version number in the title of the app, basic help screen, or somewhere where it can be seen easily. :P

Lastly, you wrote this program all in flash? That is insane! I have worked with flash before and thought that it sucked! Anyway, I am especially impressed with this program to know that it was done in flash. LOL

I would have done it in Java, but man, the program looks incredibly good!

So should I try 1.4? or what? :D

------------

Ah ha! 1.3f is a beta! So...how stable is this beta? :P I am in Software QA you know. Maybe you could tell by my bug reports. LOL

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:14 pm

v1.4 is the latest version. It's still in beta status at the moment, so that users can reports bugs and I can fix them and release them in a new version, which will be called v1.4a (which will hopefully eventually become the new official release of BRPG).

Until then, if you DO use v1.4, you'll benefit from bug fixes and new features, and can help report any bugs so that they get fixed quickly.

I can't add the version number to the EXE name, because that would create new Prefs with each update, and users would need to input their license info every time. I put the version number on the splash screen, which you can also call up any time by selecting the "About" command from the BG button's popup menu. You can also select the "Check for Updates" command, which will tell you what version you are running, whether there are any newer versions available, and what the latest beta version is.

Battlegrounds was created in Macromedia Director MX 2004 (now owned by Adobe). Since Macromedia also created Flash (also now owned by Adobe), there is decent integration between the two apps, which Battlegrounds will be able to take advantage of. I myself am not actually proficient in Flash (but I will need to learn it someday, I guess).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.