An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Beornvig
Sergeant

Error message on connecting to a game - 1.4

Post by Beornvig » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:51 pm

Connecting Issue for Vista user

1. User attempted to connect to a hosted game

2. User received error in screen capture

Note, some other users received this same error, but on 2nd try were able to connect to game. This user received this error repeatedly, even after reboot
Attachments
script_error2.jpg
script_error2.jpg (186.95 KiB) Viewed 4345 times

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:07 pm

I could've sworn I'd fixed this in v1.3e, but I guess the bug is back. :x

Please tell the player having the recurring problem to disable the Commands panel, This is done on the third screen of the Preferences panel.

I will try to fix this (again) for v1.4a.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Beornvig
Sergeant

Post by Beornvig » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:01 am

Will do Heruca, thanks for prompt response!

I will be posting a lot of little issues, my players are good at breaking things. They used to break my lead miniatures, pencils, and lose my dice. Now they've moved on to your software.

-Al

Beornvig
Sergeant

Post by Beornvig » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:32 pm

This resolved the issue in 1.4. We got the issue in 1.3f as well, but we disabled the commands panel and it fixed it there as well.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:37 am

Thanks. It's good to know that this workaround works in both versions.

BTW, once the players are logged in, I believe they can re-enable the Commands panel without triggering that error message.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:03 pm

The bug that produces the "UIMIAW.dxr is already in use" error message appears to be definitively fixed for v1.4a. :)

I'm no longer closing the Commands panel file and immediately relaunching it in "Player Mode" when a player connects to a game. Now the Commands panel simply reconfigures and resizes itself dynamically to show the proper buttons depending on whether you are the GM or a player.