Automatic Assignment of Floating Licenses - 1.4

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Beornvig
Sergeant

Automatic Assignment of Floating Licenses - 1.4

Post by Beornvig » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:42 am

This preference did not seem to work for me. Users would connect, and still show they were in Demo mode on the client side. I checked and the software showed 5 available floating licenses prior to and after connection by users.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:31 am

Thanks to your recent bug reports, I think I may have stumbled onto the cause of most script errors in BRPG, and it has to do with the Commands panel. Upon login, the Commands panel attempts to quit and relaunch itself in "player mode" (i.e., to show only a small subset of commands). It fails silently (i.e., with no error message) and in so doing, the rest of the login procedure is aborted (setting the stage for numerous recurring script errors that session).

Have all your players disable the Commands panel in Preferences prior to logging into your game, and I think you might find that this feature actually works as intended, and that a lot of other script errors will disappear. Your players also won't get the "UIMIAW.dxr is already in use" error message.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Beornvig
Sergeant

Post by Beornvig » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:42 am

I will go ahead and test this today, and will run through all of the other use cases I have submitted with the command panel disabled for players as well and post my results.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:33 am

Any luck?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Beornvig
Sergeant

Post by Beornvig » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:39 pm

Did not try it again yet, we have been using our time to test 1.3f with good success. I will try to set aside some time to try the outstanding open items soon. Kicking off our regular sessions tonight, so busy building encounters and adventures atm.