Cannot quit 1.4

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Archmagician
Soldier

Cannot quit 1.4

Post by Archmagician » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:13 pm

Ver: 1.4

When I use the menu to Quit out of the program it fails. It only works when I use CMD Q. This was true for 1.3 as well.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:56 pm

Unable to duplicate in WinXP with v1.3f and 1.4

You're sure the close alert dialog is not hidden behind something like your turn sequencer?

I notice that the close alert appears behind the turn sequencer's default location for me, and that CTRL + Q will close the turn sequencer before bringing up the alert dialog.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:41 pm

Correct. On Mac OS X, BRPG can only be quit by using the [Q] hotkey, or the standard Mac shortcut for quitting programs (Command-Q), or by selecting the "Quit" command from the BG button's popup menu. Pressing the "Esc" key or clicking the red Close button on the main window's titlebar won't work, either.

I could make it work, but then there would be no confirmation prompt if you'd accidentally chosen to quit when you really didn't mean to.
Last edited by heruca on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:47 pm

heruca wrote:Correct. On Mac OS X, BRPG can only be quit by using the [Q] hotkey, or the standard Mac shortcut for quitting programs (Command-Q), or by selecting the "Quit" command from the BG button's popup menu. Pressing the "Esc" key won't work, either
Ah, I thought he meant he was using the BRPG button menu.

Archmagician
Soldier

Post by Archmagician » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:32 pm

I am trying to quit via the menu bar. There is a menu item on the mac called Quit. I navigate to it and then hit "quit" and nada...

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:53 am

Archmagician wrote:I am trying to quit via the menu bar. There is a menu item on the mac called Quit. I navigate to it and then hit "quit" and nada...
Yeah, heruca basically said he disabled that intentionally because he couldn't get it to work with the close alert dialog.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:59 am

I've been playing with the code some more and this bug seems to be fixed for v1.4a.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.