Notes column in Turn Sequencer

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Kazander
General

Notes column in Turn Sequencer

Post by Kazander » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:57 am

I've discovered that the automatically-added "Notes" column in the Turn Sequencer seems to be inextricably linked to the last column you set up in the TS. The column width is the same, and it appears to take on the properties of the column. For example if your last column is configured for "Only GM can see", then the Notes column appears as NA to the players.

I can't get it to work as I think it's intended to anyway...am I doing something wrong perhaps?

I did try resetting the TS and starting from scratch.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:54 am

I won't be able to fix this in time for v1.4c.

Not hiding columns is the only workaround I can think of, in the meantime. Perhaps you can get by with having the column show up for everyone but setting it to hide NPC info from the players?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:30 pm

Still a problem in 1.4f, btw.

And, it's even worse than I thought. If a player places something in the Notes column, it mysteriously appears in the GM Notes column instead. The player can never see what they've put in there, only the GM can because that column is visible only to the GM.

If the GM places something in the Notes column, it stays there, but it never shows up in the player client. Text placed in the GM Notes column stays put as well.

Also, the Text Labels never show in the Player clients' TS.

Your suggested work around does not help, unfortunately, since part of the use of the column is to track info affecting players that is not for their eyes. Things such as disease (after being struck by a mummy or somesuch) or poison.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:57 pm

I've spent most of yesterday and much of today attempting to fix the issues you raised in this thread for v1.4g. I was unable to get it to work exactly how I wanted it to, but I think you'll like the improvements overall.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.