1.4b Labels in Notes

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
nightwalker450
General

1.4b Labels in Notes

Post by nightwalker450 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:48 am

I like the labels in notes feature. But I track Hit Points on the Turn Sequencer as well. And this causes problems.

Whenever I change the hit points on a creature, the Labels get appended to the notes. So I end up with "[Prone] [Prone] [Prone]" in the notes.

Is there a possibility to get the labels to append in notes, without them being edited in notes? Would also save the trouble of whenever I actually want to add a note, I need to clear it out otherwise I end up with "Flying 5 [Dazed] [Dazed]".

nortonweb
General

Post by nortonweb » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:02 pm

Can you do regex with director? So add the labels string unless it already can be found in the notes string?
Humm maybe that wouldn't work... or maybe you would have to loop through every label and check???
Running 5 player D&D 4E campaign over the net using BRPG 1.4e

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:11 am

nortonweb wrote:Can you do regex with director? So add the labels string unless it already can be found in the notes string?
Humm maybe that wouldn't work... or maybe you would have to loop through every label and check???
I'm sure Director can do regular expressions, otherwise BRPG would have a hard time reading encounter files.

It could potentially parse using a regular expression like: \[([0-z])*\]

That would find labels by looking for text encased in square brackets.

Seems more practical to spend the time working on extending the notes feature to something a bit more elaborate though.

nortonweb
General

Post by nortonweb » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:42 am

True...

Oh your regex would identify any text in sq brackets which would mean once you got one label it would never add another.. but that's an aside :D
Running 5 player D&D 4E campaign over the net using BRPG 1.4e

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:32 am

This sounds like a bug. Any text within square brackets shouldn't be getting appended to the Notes, and you definitely shouldn't be seeing the same label appended multiple times on any given unit.

I'll try to fix this for v1.4c.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:11 am

nortonweb wrote:Oh your regex would identify any text in sq brackets which would mean once you got one label it would never add another.. but that's an aside :D
Well, that regex would be used to assign each label in the notes to a variable, which could then be compared to the current labels :P True that you'd need a different one to remove individual labels.

Irrelevant now though. ;-)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:38 pm

This bug is fixed for v1.4c.

Workaround until then: The bug won't manifest if the unit has some notes already filled in for it, so give a unit some Notes on the TS prior to assigning it any text labels.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:28 am

Will give that a try when I get home.

Thanks!