Unable to Show Hidden Figure

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
nightwalker450
General

Unable to Show Hidden Figure

Post by nightwalker450 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:02 am

Imported Media Assets and encounter from an encounter created in 1.4a, into 1.4c. Whenever the GM tries to show the figure, it doesn't do anything. No errors or anything, just not responding.

Tried copying the figure, and then revealing the new one and that didn't work. Ended up having to load a new figure in. Not sure if this is due to the encounter being made in different version, or what.

(Also we're not seeing the new End Turn button at the bottom...)

heruca
Developer

Re: Unable to Show Hidden Figure

Post by heruca » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:46 am

Was the token's artwork already present in your v1.4c installation? If it was, please send me the v1.4a Encounter, if you still have it, so that I can see what's going wrong.

If the token's artwork was missing from your v1.4c installation, did you see the placeholder token, instead?
nightwalker450 wrote:Also we're not seeing the new End Turn button at the bottom...
Yeah, I noticed this myself, yesterday. Must be some glitch introduced at the last minute, because it was working fine before.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:57 am

The bug that was causing the "End My Turn" button to go missing has been fixed for v1.4d.

Some third-party code I use in BRPG had deleted the code that was supposed to manage the button's placement. :x
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:47 am

The artwork was there, the GM just couldn't toggle the Show/Hide. I attached the media assets as well as the encounter file here.
Attachments
Koboldwp.cxt
(7.08 MiB) Downloaded 211 times
Koboldwp.bge
(15.86 KiB) Downloaded 201 times

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:53 am

Hmm... I just checked it myself (I hadn't opened the encounter he used yet) and noticed that they were Stealth/Invisible... I wonder if somehow while he was trying to get them to reveal, he never managed to have that unchecked as well as the Show/Hide. I'll have him try it again just to see.

This might just be a false alarm. :D This is only his second session being GM using battlegrounds, so user error seems to be a few of his difficulties.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:00 pm

nightwalker450 wrote:I wonder if somehow while he was trying to get them to reveal, he never managed to have that unchecked as well as the Show/Hide. I'll have him try it again just to see.
That sounds very probable.