Unexpected scroll wheel focus

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Nom
Sergeant

Unexpected scroll wheel focus

Post by Nom » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:53 pm

When I have the cursor in the text box and the mouse in the text box, I sometimes use the scroll wheel to scroll the history. Invariably, this zooms the map instead. Invariably, I am surprised by this behaviour.

Is it possible to restrict map zoom behaviour for when there is some form of focus on the map window? Either when the window has focus, or even just when the mouse cursor is within the window.

THanks

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:42 am

I'll see if I can make it so that the scroll wheel only affects the chat history when the chat window is open and the mouse cursor is over that field.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Nom
Sergeant

Post by Nom » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:54 pm

Either/or. My suggestion would be that the scroll wheel should only affect the window that the mouse cursor is currently in.

I'm not sure what the Windows scroll wheel behaviour is, but on Mac, scrolling only affects an active window and only scrolls a pane in that window if the mouse is within that pane. I don't view BRPG as necessarily having an "active window", but I do assume when using the scroll wheel that it will affect the window or pane I'm pointing at, or nothing.

In other words: I think it should be opt-in (I got a scroll wheel event; does the window the mouse is in support it?) rather than opt-out (I got a scroll wheel event, so I'll zoom the map window unless something explicitly says otherwise).

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:07 pm

Well put. :)
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed May 20, 2009 1:35 pm

heruca wrote:I'll see if I can make it so that the scroll wheel only affects the chat history when the chat window is open and the mouse cursor is over that field.
This has been implemented for v1.4g. :)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu May 21, 2009 12:11 am

And on a related note, I've also made the Turn Sequencer scrollable with the mousewheel. You can even scroll it horizontally, by holding down a modifier key while you move the wheel.