Chat window unexpectedly losing keyboard focus

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Nom
Sergeant

Chat window unexpectedly losing keyboard focus

Post by Nom » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:00 pm

Situation: Typing in chat window, when event happens that causes focus shift (e.g. a die roll is received, and roll window pops up).

What happens: Focus is immediately lost from chat window while I am still typing, which means I then send random control commands to the main battleground app. I then need to figure out what the heck I just did and put it all back.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:57 pm

I may have to change it so that the Dice Roll Results window never pops open on its own, and provide a quick and easy way to see the last roll that came in.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Nom
Sergeant

Post by Nom » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:59 pm

That might be a good change anyway. Because another pet annoyance of mine is working on a die macro when someone else rolls, and suddenly the window changes and clobbers my working.

We already get roll notifications via the chat, and you could perhaps add a button on the chat console to activate the recent rolls info too? I figure that rolls should only be pro-actively shown if the roll display window is showing. Otherwise just notify the user and let them voluntarily open the history?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:43 pm

In v1.4f, incoming die rolls won't disrupt what you're doing if you're in the middle of creating a macro, but the dice roll report will still appear in the Chat window.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.