Fog of War Changes Are Not Accurate (v 1.4e)

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
jeff1138
Cannon Fodder

Fog of War Changes Are Not Accurate (v 1.4e)

Post by jeff1138 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:18 pm

When revealing or concealing sections of a map, the change is vertically offset from the draw area by approximately 30 pixels. (Or possibly the fog of war is attempting to snap to grid?)

I've got a map that is sized to a 12x14 grid. To align Battlegrounds grid to the map's drawn grid, the map settings are 12x13 and 84% fractional cells high.

When displayed, the actual area of the map is 6x12 (it's the Cult of Shar encounter from Wizard's Forgotten Realms conversion for Keep on the Shadowfell).

When attempting to hide a 2x2 secret room at the bottom right-hand corner of the map using the fog of war box conceal tool, if I draw the box exactly over the 4 squares I want hidden, the area concealed is a little less than half a square above the area I outlined.

It is possible to hide the desired area by compensating (extending the bottom area and reducing the top area of the box by the amount it's going to automatically offset when the mouse-button is released).

This problem was not present in 1.4b (I had already prepared this encounter and then somehow lost it when upgrading to 1.4c)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:05 pm

I'm not able to duplicate this.

Are you seeing any distortion on the grid overlay, such that the squares are stretched or squashed in one direction, so as not to be perfectly square?

Does the problem fix itself when you zoom in or out?

Do you have fullscreen mode enabled?

Does it help if you draw in your FoW shapes at a different zoom level?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

jeff1138
Cannon Fodder

Post by jeff1138 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:01 pm

The problem seems to have resolved itself. Restarting Battlegrounds at the time didn't solve the issue, but rebooting the computer altogether seems to have done it.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:06 pm

Extremely odd behavior, but I'm glad it's working for you now.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.