Area of Effects not all showing

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
nightwalker450
General

Area of Effects not all showing

Post by nightwalker450 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:20 pm

From time to time, only a few of my area of effects are showing. Ones at the top of the unit manager have precedence over others. If I click on one the object thats not showing its AoE, then it flashes briefly before disappearing again.

For a brief time I had both of them showing, but the players couldn't see one. In this instance I somehow had managed to put an object on the field without a name, and had tiled it. I was unable to click on it to edit it in the Unit manager to try and get it visible to the players. Shortly after this I had the copy unit problem, so couldn't experiment with this occurance any more.

One question also, where does the Unit Manager default to in the list when you pull it up, top, bottom, last opened? It seems to be kind of random for me sometimes, so when I use it to identify which NPC is targeted sometimes I need to scroll to get to the creatures, and they aren't highlighted when I scroll.

Thanks. :D Sorry my group is notorious for having issues.

EDIT: Ok, played around with it, I had to put quite a few AoE's down before it happened again (I think I was up to about 5), and it was just between the one unit and another object that it was switching back and forth between. Sorry I can't give exact details as to how to reproduce.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Re: Area of Effects not all showing

Post by Omnidon » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:56 pm

nightwalker450 wrote:Sorry I can't give exact details as to how to reproduce.
"Pat your head, rub your stomach, and hop up and down on one foot while barking like a dog. That'll do it every time."
:twisted: :lol:

j/k 8)

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:41 am

Thanks, I'm always a bit blurry on the details afterwords. :D

Anyways, just bumping this to make sure Heruca saw

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:20 pm

I saw, but wasn't able to duplicate. Please email me the Encounter file with the problem for analysis.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:05 pm

Ok, I'll create one with the problem and send it to you tonight.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:06 pm

Sorry I've been busy last couple nights. But the encounter (and assets) are sent now.

Thanks!

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:49 pm

This issue is fixed for v1.4g. It was only manifesting when the AoEs were attached to Objects (rather than Figures).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:56 pm

I have something else, thats also acting similar...

I created a figure (token), then copied and flipped the image horizontally.

Now I need to recenter the figure, so editing it. And one of two things happens:

Either adjusting the centering applies to all figures. Or it appears to do nothing. But after I'm done if I click on the other figure, then the tokens move to the other adjustment and then bounce back.

It just reminded me of the way my AoE, would show up briefly if I clicked on the other object.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:06 pm

I believe the topmost unit in the Unit Manager is the only one who's offsets count for anything, since it overrides the offset settings of all other units that use the same artwork.

The only way you can have different centerpoints for the same artwork is to duplicate the artwork in the directory (ie., at the OS level).

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:01 am

Ok, not a problem. I was wondering if that was the case.

Thanks