Range Measuring Tool interacting with FoW

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Kazander
General

Range Measuring Tool interacting with FoW

Post by Kazander » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:44 pm

Sometimes when I use the Measure Range tool from the context menu of a figure, when I've finished measuring something strange happens with an interaction with FoW. I don't know the exact sequence of events that causes it; whether it's a player update to the TS during the measuring, or a die-roll that interrupts, or what. I just know it happens occasionally, and I can't duplicate it by myself while testing. It only seems to happen during real play with clients connected.

All my cleared areas will suddenly be Fogged over again, only the FoW cutouts will be slightly displaced, leaving lines that are still un-fogged.

This is a local effect only. It can happen to the GM client, or a player client. When it's the GM client, the connected players do not see it.

It can be undone using the 'Z' hotkey in most circumstances. Usually toggling FoW (if the GM client) will also clear the glitch.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:30 pm

Confirmed.

If you change the FoW Opacity in the FoW panel, it will force a refresh of the Manual FoW layer, which fixes the problem (until it happens again, anyway).

Will try to squeeze in a fix for this into v1.4g.

Good job identifying the cause of this bug, btw.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:42 pm

This appears to be fixed for v1.4g.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.