Extraneous Window Opening Library Objects

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Kazander
General

Extraneous Window Opening Library Objects

Post by Kazander » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:52 pm

I'm not quite sure this qualifies as a bug, but I'm reporting it anyway

When I migrated to 1.4g, I deleted the Missile Weapons.jpg from the Library folder.

Now when I try to open a library object in 1.4g, I immediately get a Window prompting me:

Where is "Caviar 160GB:usrs:hernan:Desktop:GURPS Project:v1.4 Stub Install:Library:Missile Weapons Table.jpg"?

I have no idea why it's necessary to keep this file--it's just in the way since I don't use it.

It's not a game breaker, since I can cancel the box and it will open my selected Library file anyway.

But I thought it a really odd dependency/requirement, so I thought I'd report it anyway.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:07 pm

The library window has a sprite that is linked to an external bitmap on the hard drive (in this case, the Missile Weapons table). When you select a media asset in the Library panel, it dynamically changes that link to the media asset you selected. I'm not sure how to remove that initial file dependency, if it's even possible.

Edit: I think I can remove that dependency in the next release. I will still include that file, since it's useful for showing what the Library feature is for, but you'll be able to delete it with no ill effects.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:18 pm

This is fixed in v1.4h.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:29 am

Confirmed Fixed.