Automatic Blackout Mode

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Kazander
General

Automatic Blackout Mode

Post by Kazander » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:00 pm

This may be just a logic or assumption error, not actually a bug.

When I enable Automatic Blackout Mode in the Preferences panel, load an encounter as normal, then toggle Blackout Mode off, if I have a late or disconnected player join after that point then they have Blackout Mode enabled on their client.

Even though Blackout Mode has been toggled off on the GM client at this point. It seems to me that the client should join with BM disabled at this juncture.

The only way around it is for the GM to toggle BM on for everyone, then back off again.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:02 pm

Your assumption is correct. The clients engage blackout mode locally every time it detects a change in the current map name. I will make it obey the GM's blackout flag, instead.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:33 am

I assume the fix will take care of this, but figure it should be noted, just in case it needs adjusted somewhere else.

If automatic blackout is enabled, on connection users will get "Blacked Out" message, even if GM doesn't have FoW enabled at the time.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:07 pm

These issues are fixed in v1.4h.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:22 am

Confirmed Fixed.