Portrait Style Tokens can't change Facing

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
nightwalker450
General

Portrait Style Tokens can't change Facing

Post by nightwalker450 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:35 am

Using the [+] or [-] hotkeys, or scrollwheel, if its set up as Portrait it doesn't change facing.

Top-Down, or Front facing do change facing as expected.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:58 am

That was actually intentional. Should I change it back to the way it was? Do people really rotate pog-style tokens to indicate facing?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:03 am

Yeah we still use the facing on them. More of point of reference than anything (4e doesn't use facing), it lets the GM and other players have an idea where our attention is.

Main reason we're using pogs instead of top-down, is because some of the players had more difficulty telling units apart. We have one color-blind player, so we went for the units that were easiest for him to differentiate.

Plus it would seem odd to have the facing border on most of the bases, but one set not be able to use it.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:24 pm

Also, realized today its kind of necessary for the triangular hex figures.

Might of ran into a bug as well, tried switching the unit to front facing a rotating it, and it ended up freezing the game. We were at the end of the battle though (GM had been stringing it out waiting for a couple more people to arrive late to the session), so it was a good place to stop the encounter. :D

AoE Cones are also dependent on facing aren't they? We didn't actually have any of those this time, but I just thought of it today.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:09 pm

In v1.4h, Portrait-style tokens can be rotated properly once again.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:45 pm

Mentioned it on the patch topic. But thought I'd put it here so its listed on the bug forum as well:

Only the base should rotate for portrait figures, not the figure itself.

Also out of curiosity what is the difference between Portrait Style, and Front Facing figures?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:24 pm

nightwalker450 wrote:Also out of curiosity what is the difference between Portrait Style, and Front Facing figures?
Not much. Front-style has a 41-pixel vertical offset. Front-style tokens should behave like portrait-style tokens, in that the image shouldn't rotate but the figure base should.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:24 pm

nightwalker450 wrote:Only the base should rotate for portrait figures, not the figure itself.
Already fixed for v1.4i.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:23 pm

Confirmed Fixed.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:26 pm

Just wanted to say that you're doing a great job tracking bug fixes, Nightwalker. Thanks!