Multiple unit selection no longer working

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Kazander
General

Multiple unit selection no longer working

Post by Kazander » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:32 pm

If I try to do a multiple unit selection by selecting an area, only a single figure gets selected. I can still hold down 'Ctrl' and add units to the selection, and the multiple unit commands still work on all figures when I do that.

Spyke
Captain

Post by Spyke » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:50 pm

I noticed this too today.

Spyke

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:36 pm

Odd, as it works for me (tested on a Mac). I'll check to see if it's a platform-specific bug tomorrow.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:35 pm

Unable to duplicate this bug on a Windows PC, either.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:52 pm

Is there anything else I can do to help you figure out the problem?

I was able to consistently replicate this problem, even after rebooting.

(writing from work; I won't actually be able to do anything for at least 6 hrs)

Farland
High Commander

Post by Farland » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:31 pm

Multiple unit selection works for me in 1.4h, at least when I am not connected to clients.
The World of Farland: www.farlandworld.com

The best PbP site on the net: www.myth-weavers.com

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:13 pm

It may be related to the specific Encounter/Deployment I was using. I can replicate it every time with this deployment. Some of my other deployments work fine, those which I had time to test.

Here's the relevant encounter, export and turn sequencer settings file. Hopefully that helps.
Attachments
MapTest.zip
(33.24 KiB) Downloaded 202 times

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:04 pm

OK, with that Encounter file, I was able to confirm that drag-to-select is only working for one figure. At first I thought it might have something to do with the Triangle hex base, but that's not it. I eventually got multi-unit selection working after cloning the units, but it isn't 100% repeatable. Needs further investigation.

Edit: It also has nothing to do with the Turn Sequencer settings, as I never loaded them.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:18 pm

I think I've figured out the cause, but not how it happened. Somehow, you managed to Lock the figures in your Encounter. Locking is supposedly only possible with objects.

After using the Unit Manager to select each locked figure and pressing the Lock/Unlock button, I was thereafter able to select those figures with the marquee.

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:54 am

Ahem, I guess that'd be my fault then. :oops:

Oops....sorry for the false bug report!

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:11 am

It may not be the bug you thought, but it's a bug nonetheless. Any idea how your figures became Locked? Was it done via the Unit Manager, or something accidental?

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:20 am

I'm pretty sure I did it with the Unit Manager. I don't think I realized figures couldn't be locked. Probably clicked on the lock button a bunch of times. They were 12' tall golems, which were destroyed and thus became large piles of debris once destroyed. I was thinking I should lock them so that they weren't 'clickable' anymore, just background figures at that point.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:37 pm

Confirmed Figures can no longer be Tiled or Locked.