Medieval Armies Artpack tokens not showing on Clients

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Kazander
General

Medieval Armies Artpack tokens not showing on Clients

Post by Kazander » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:27 pm

All I get on a client, when more than one client is connected, is the standard '?' on any token from the MA artpack. Force Full Update does nothing.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:32 pm

Do the connected clients have the Medieval Armies artpack installed in the Artpacks folder? (they don't need to register it, only have it in there)
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:19 pm

No.....and it will probably work fine if they do. :oops:

Somehow missed that little detail of using artpacks, you know. It says so in plain English, but...... :roll:

Sorry for the error. I thought it still did a peer transfer with art in artpacks. So why are the figures different from the map packs? The Ravenlands map I used showed up just fine. Which artpacks need to be local, and which do not?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:32 pm

Kazander wrote: So why are the figures different from the map packs? The Ravenlands map I used showed up just fine. Which artpacks need to be local, and which do not?
Maps and FoW Overlays from artpacks are actually server-based assets, which is why the players don't need to have local copies of certain artpacks (namely Base Map Pack 1 and the two Ravenlands artpacks). For all other artpacks, including the sample adventures, the players need to have the artpack installed on their end.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:33 pm

Hmmm. There's still a bit of a bug here.

If the client doesn't do a Purge All prior to connecting (having connected previously to the same session, without the artpack installed), then none of the tokens transfer, and they get a script error. The map from the map pack does transfer succesfully though.

If they Purge All first, it seems to work.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:37 pm

A "Force Full Update" command from the GM should fix that. Also, I think if the player with placeholder tokens showing were to zoom in or out, it would force a full redraw of his screen, and the proper icons would show up.

I think Purge All is simply another way of forcing a full redraw of the map window. Purging really shouldn't be necessary, since nothing was imported to begin with.