Simultaneous Token and Portrait Swapping

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Kazander
General

Simultaneous Token and Portrait Swapping

Post by Kazander » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:32 pm

"Pressing a token-swapping hotkey while holding down the Shift and Control keys will now swap both the current token and the current portrait of a selected unit simultaneously."

I don't get that. I get asked if I want to quit BRPG. Doesn't matter if I use left or right versions of those keys. I can still token or portrait swap individually, just not both together.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:42 am

Ack! This was working fine while in authoring mode in Director, but I just confirmed that it does not work after compiling (neither on Macs nor on Windows). I will probably need to find another hotkey combo for this command.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:19 am

Actually, could you check this again? I think I made it so that it only works if a unit has exactly the same number of Tokens as it does Portraits. It seemed to me that this was the only way you'd ever really want to use this feature anyway, to have any sort of predictable/logical behavior. It also only works for single-unit selections.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:17 pm

Can someone please confirm that this bug has been fixed?

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Nope, I still have the same problem. It asks me if I want to quit. Tried it with existing tokens, and created a new one just in case. Same number of portraits as tokens.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:14 am

This is fixed in v1.6m. I tested it on both Windows and Mac this time. :wink:

However, I have had to change the hotkey for this command from [Shift + Control + ","] or [Shift + Control + "."] to [CAPSLOCK + ","] or [CAPSLOCK + "."], due to a cross-platform bug in Adobe Director.

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:07 pm

This is confirmed fixed now.

However, I just have to state that the CAPSLOCK is not an ideal hotkey, because it's a toggle key not a press-and-hold key. The behavior simply isn't as desirable.

I realize you're running out of hotkeys these days though. :)