feature or bug?

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
fb66
General

feature or bug?

Post by fb66 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:29 pm

I noticed something strange when doing the prep work for last nights game. In 1.6k when i used the load deployment here option the figures added were well stuck together as one. I had to right click the stack and choose select which seperated the figures. As 1.6i did not do this i wondered if this was a big or a new feature lol.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:42 pm

THe "Load Deployment Here..." command has always stacked all the units together in the spot you selected on the map. What is new is that when units from a Deployment are loaded, they are now automatically selected. To manipulate them individually, you first need to click on the map so that nothing is selected. Or, as you discovered, you can use the "Select" command to grab a certain unit from a stack.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

fb66
General

Post by fb66 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:09 pm

i will test this again heruca but as i remember the clicking an empty bit of map did not work. I will confirm this for you later.

edit
It works exactly as you state it should my mouse how ever has a very dodgy left mouse button lol (so dodgy now that it does not work at all).

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:12 pm

Could be, I've had that happen to me a couple of times. Selecting another unit on the map and then deselecting it tends to fix any "unmovable unit" issues.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.