BUG: Map Slip (RC1) [FIXED]

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Balesir
General

BUG: Map Slip (RC1) [FIXED]

Post by Balesir » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:34 pm

Hi, Heruca,

I mentioned in my email when I sent the challenge code for my pre-release licensed version that I had seen lighting offset from the object (campfire) it was attached to. Once I had completed the licensing steps the feature did not reappear, but when I loaded the same version to my second PC (intending to have a play with one of the FLs), guess what?

To replicate (it seems quite stable):
Install the pre-release candidate as a clean install (fresh folder) on a WinXP SP2 PC.
Open it up - do not carry out any licensing steps.
Load the 'campsite' scenario.

You should see the campsite with the FoW reveal offset 1 square to the right of the campfire. The grass also overlaps the table edge by 1 square - hence my title; I don't think it's the FoW that's showing incorrectly, it's the map and objects that are all offset 1 square to the left...

I have a screen capture - let me know if you need it sent.
Balesir

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:27 pm

Nope, a pic won't be necessary. I think I know what caused this, and how to get it back to normal. Your suspicion is correct, that's exactly what's happening. Not sure what it has to do with licensing, though.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Balesir
General

Post by Balesir » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:32 pm

Right - I think the licensing may be a red herring - it has to do with first load on a fresh install, plus maybe when something-or-other is cleared and an encounter loaded after that?
Balesir

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:13 pm

I think I just fixed it.

Did it look to you like the map's placement was 53 pixels to the left of where it should have been? Or was it off by exactly one grid square (61 pixels)?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Balesir
General

Post by Balesir » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:00 am

heruca wrote:Did it look to you like the map's placement was 53 pixels to the left of where it should have been? Or was it off by exactly one grid square (61 pixels)?
Looks like exactly one grid square - 61 pixels. Is that good or bad? :wink:
Balesir

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:06 am

It turns out that it's not important. The 53 pixels I mentioned is actually for a vertical adjustment, not a horizontal one.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:47 am

Hmm well I can't confirm this is fixed, because I've never been able to duplicate it on any version.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:53 am

Balesir, can I mark this as fixed?

Balesir
General

Post by Balesir » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:58 am

Yep - I haven't seen this in version 1.0 or 1.0.1 at all.
Balesir