An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Omnidon
Site Admin

BUG: Grid Color Switchback (RC2-PR-1.0.6Beta) [FIXED]

Post by Omnidon » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:57 am

Moderator Edit to Clarify Bug:

1) Open Preferences.
2) Switch Grid Color.
3) True Grid Color flashes on screen but is quickly replaced with previous color.
4) After Hitting "OK" the new Grid Color does appear as intended.

New grid colors are pretty.

Switching colors works fine on the square grid, though it does bounce back & forth between the current selection and the last every time it is changed. Not really an issue though.

The color settings are not appearing for the hex grid however.
Under "Grid Color", it says "No Grids Available".
After restarting BRPG with the hex grid, it adds "Hex" as an option under the colors though it doesnt change anything.
Last edited by Omnidon on Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heruca
Developer

Re: BUG: Grid Colors (RC2-PR)

Post by heruca » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:12 pm

Omnidon wrote:New grid colors are pretty.
Glad you like them. I'm going to add a slight "outline" to the Grey grids, like I did with the Yellow ones, to give them more contrast. As it is now, even with grid opacity at 100%, you can scarcely see the grey grid on the grass map.
Omnidon wrote:Switching colors works fine on the square grid, though it does bounce back & forth between the current selection and the last every time it is changed. Not really an issue though.
I just fixed that. :)
Omnidon wrote:The color settings are not appearing for the hex grid however.
After restarting BRPG with the hex grid, it adds "Hex" as an option under the colors though it doesnt change anything.
I'll have to test this on Windows. It's working fine for me on my Mac.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:09 pm

By the way, this bug seems to be appearing inconsistently for me, and now I'm often getting code in the Grid Colors field instead. That's probably due to the other error that is messing up the grid though.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:00 pm

Omnidon wrote:The color settings are not appearing for the hex grid however.
This appears to be fixed now. I can select all the grid color while in hex mode, even without relaunching BRPG after setting it to hex mode. I tested it on both Mac and Windows.

There's still a mildly annoying flicker as it swaps grids with the prior settings, but this is so innocuous, I won't bother with trying to fix it until more important issues are addressed.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:47 pm

heruca wrote:
Omnidon wrote:Switching colors works fine on the square grid, though it does bounce back & forth between the current selection and the last every time it is changed. Not really an issue though.
I just fixed that. :)
LoL well in RC2a, the grid colors are now bouncing back to the original color instead of previewing the selected color. (That's worse than before :D)
It will apply the correct color once you hit OK though.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:49 pm

Omnidon wrote:the grid colors are now bouncing back to the original color instead of previewing the selected color.
It will apply the correct color once you hit OK though.
Still true in v1.0.2b

Full Bleed
General

Post by Full Bleed » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:48 pm

Bump for still existing in 1.0.6 Beta.

OP updated to simplify Bug reproduction steps.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:07 pm

The unavailability of the hex grids should be fixed, but the failure to preview the currently chosen settings is still a problem. This is pretty low on my list of things to do right now, since it's mostly a cosmetic issue. It'll probably get fixed when I redo the Preferences screens into a tabbed interface format.

Full Bleed
General

Post by Full Bleed » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:24 pm

heruca wrote:the failure to preview the currently chosen settings is still a problem. This is pretty low on my list of things to do right now, since it's mostly a cosmetic issue. It'll probably get fixed when I redo the Preferences screens into a tabbed interface format.
Just an observation. This problem exists whether changing from Hex to Squares too. But when you change Grid Opacity it works as intended. The fix for this might be to simply using the same update/display code used with Grid Opacity.

It's not a killer issue, but it is one more post I could move out of the Open Bugs forum. ;)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:59 pm

I'm looking into it right now. Unfortunately, all three popups relating to the grid activate the same chunk of code to preview the settings, so it's not as simple as I'd hoped.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:24 pm

I'm happy to report that this is fixed for v1.0.6a. :D

Full Bleed
General

Post by Full Bleed » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:17 pm

Heh, cool.

I've been able to move like 4 or 5 unresolved posts to the fixed section today. ;)

(I'm going to jump the gun and move this one too... though I'd usually wait to confirm. Feeling "dangerous" today! :twisted:)