BUG: Crashes on subsequent Logins (Windows) [FIXED-1.0.2b]

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
heruca
Developer

BUG: Crashes on subsequent Logins (Windows) [FIXED-1.0.2b]

Post by heruca » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:25 pm

--Split from "Crashes on log out" by Omni--
Omnidon wrote:When I reopen the login panel, disconnect is properly greyed-out, but attempting to login again will either say Connection Failed or (usually on the second attempt) cause a crash.
Not new. Subsequent hosting or joining attempts after the first have usually resulted in crashes. I'm hoping to address this in v1.0.
Last edited by heruca on Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:39 pm

Bug still there in RC2a.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:51 am

Omnidon wrote:I did some testing with Tlichie yesterday.

It seems that the Failed Disconnect / Subsequent Logins bug is back or never was fixed, since I had to restart BRPG every time I tried hosting a new game or simply disconnecting.
http://www.battlegroundsgames.com/phpBB ... .php?t=650

http://www.battlegroundsgames.com/phpBB ... .php?t=652

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:38 pm

I noticed it now crashes on the second attempt to join a game as well, not just hosting.

Tlichie
Captain

Post by Tlichie » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:43 pm

"internal" testing (I've reconfigured my modem and router so will test that out later) on this.

logged in, I did not grant floating license, logged out "player" then immediately tried to log back in. gives the "please wait" screen.
cancled, changed the player name, crash.

restarted player, got "please wait" again, crash on second attempt.
Logged off host, tried to log back in, crash.

restarted both... and was able to log the player in and out repeatedly.

Out of curiosity I tried using the same name on the player as on the GM client and it gives the Please Wait message.
--Tlichie

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:17 pm

Fixed for v1.0.2b. :D

This was happening because of a bug in the Flash Component text fields that were being used on the Login panel. I've swapped those Flash fields out for standard text fields and the problem is resolved.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:31 pm

It's possible that this change I just made may also help the two or three users who have been unable to host games. Slim chance, at least.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:50 pm

Some long-time BRPG testers may recall an old bug in an early beta that was causing BRPG to crash upon login, back when I was storing users connection preferences. I now think that the Flash component text fields on the login panel were the real culprit all along, so I'm going to try to re-enable the stored connection preferences, so that BRPG remembers your last used username, host IP address, port number, etc. This might be in the next release.