Tester ID: dragonwolf
Tester Location: Boise, Idaho

Hardware

Computer 1
Make: HP NW8240 laptop
CPU: 1.86 GHz Pentium
RAM: 1.5 GB
Hard Drive: 80 GB
Sound Card: Integrated onboard audio (SoundMax Digital Audio)
Video Card: ATI Mobility FireGL V5000 128MB RAM
Monitor:HP 2335 23"
Resolution:1920 x 1200 @ 32 bit color, 96DPI, 72Hz

Computer 2
Make: HP Pavilion ZV6000 laptop
CPU: 2.4GHz AMD64 4000+
RAM: 1.25 GB
Hard Drive: 80 GB
Sound Card: Integrated onboard audio (Conexant AC-Link Audio)
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress 200M 128MB RAM
Monitor:Laptop monitor
Resolution:1280 x 800 @ 32 bit color, 96DPI, 60Hz

Software
Operating System: MS Windows XP Professional, version 2002, service pack 2
BRPG Client: Beta 1.0

Networking
Connection: Cable
Wireless: Yes
Defect: There is no windowed mode for being able to resize and move BRPG when it is executed. The top and left side of the main BRPG dialog window are shifted outside of the visible area of the monitor and there is no way to move the dialog.

Description: When I start BRPG with my setup for Computer 1 as listed above, I am not able to see a menu(not sure if there is supposed to be one either) along the top nor a dialog border on the left side. The main BRPG dialog appears to be shifted to the top and left a number of pixels that put it outside the visible monitor area. I tried using ALT+Spacebar to bring up the system menu and move down one to select move from that menu to allow me to move the dialog, but I don't see the system menu appear and can't get the dialog to move. The resolution I have my monitor set at allows me to resize using the bottom-right corner. This makes displaying it on a second monitor a little difficult. Using Computer 2, BRPG fills the entire screen and doesn't provide a windowed mode at all.
Last edited by dragonwolf on Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
_________
dragonwolf

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:16 pm

dragonwolf wrote:Defect: There is no windowed mode for being able to resize and move BRPG when it is executed. The top and left side of the main BRPG dialog window are shifted outside of the visible area of the monitor and there is no way to move the dialog.
You can resize the BRPG program window from the Preferences screen.
Description: When I start BRPG with my setup for Computer 1 as listed above, I am not able to see a menu(not sure if there is supposed to be one either) along the top nor a dialog border on the left side. The main BRPG dialog appears to be shifted to the top and left a number of pixels that put it outside the visible monitor area. I tried using ALT+Spacebar to bring up the system menu and move down one to select move from that menu to allow me to move the dialog, but I don't see the system menu appear and can't get the dialog to move. The resolution I have my monitor set at allows me to resize using the bottom-right corner. This makes displaying it on a second monitor a little difficult. Using Computer 2, BRPG fills the entire screen and doesn't provide a windowed mode at all.
BRPG does not have a menubar. It's designed to be run in full-screen mode (although as noted above, you don't have to).

BRPG currently does not currently support multiple monitors. Mostly because until January, I won't have access to a second monitor for development and testing purposes.

If you launch the app from the second monitor, does it still play on the 1st monitor?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:28 am

Posted on Behalf of Dragonwolf:
heruca wrote:
dragonwolf wrote:Defect: There is no windowed mode for being able to resize and move BRPG when it is executed. The top and left side of the main BRPG dialog window are shifted outside of the visible area of the monitor and there is no way to move the dialog.
You can resize the BRPG program window from the Preferences screen.
I tried changing the size on the preferencs menu and there wasn't any change. I tried this on both of the PCs before I submitted the issue.
BRPG does not have a menubar. It's designed to be run in full-screen mode (although as noted above, you don't have to).

BRPG currently does not currently support multiple monitors. Mostly because until January, I won't have access to a second monitor for development and testing purposes.

If you launch the app from the second monitor, does it still play on the 1st monitor?
I tried launching it from the second monitor and it still launches in the first monitor full screen.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:10 am

Dragonwolf, I'm looking into this.

It really did use to work by altering the numbers on the Prefs screen, but it seems that my latest executable broke that functionality. Now it works, at least on a Mac (haven't tested on a PC yet), but rather than shrink the window to the desired specs, it merely crops the visible area of the gameboard, leaving black everywhere else. Is this what you are experiencing too?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

dragonwolf
Cannon Fodder

Post by dragonwolf » Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:40 am

That sounds about right. Here's what I see when I start BRPG up and changes to the size in preferences don't change it in any way.

_________
dragonwolf

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:53 am

OK, I tested this on a PC, and it's not working at all. Look for a fix in the next update (but not the one I'm posting today).

I did notice that you can manually drag the right and bottom edges of the window to resize it that way, in the meantime.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:39 am

Update for version 1.03

Resizing works, but ... all figures I did put on the map are suddenly put on top of eachother in a single spot.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:38 am

Darn it! I thought that was fixed now, but it must have been done on the day where I accidentally started editing an older project file instead of my current project file. Will fix this before 1.0.3 is officially released. It's an easy fix.

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:35 am

Confirmed still a bug.

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:49 am

Most sizing issues now resolved with v1.0.4. Any individual issues will be noted in their own threads.