Bug: Grid Alignment & Sizing (FIXED)

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Kepli
High Commander

Bug: Grid Alignment & Sizing (FIXED)

Post by Kepli » Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:19 pm

1. I opened Blu's Inn and this is what I saw concerning the grid. After moving the map (using the arrow-keys), the problem is gone however. So not a major problem, but you have to move the map before placing something.

2. When I move a figure outside the map (onto the black), I can keep moving and moving and moving ... :wink:
Last edited by Kepli on Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

erian_7
General

Post by erian_7 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:53 pm

I noticed the same grid alignment problem as Kepli, and the fact that it self-corrected. However, the problem also occurs on the sci-fi map but it does not self-correct.

For the figures, I'd recommend having any that come with BRPG already rotated to the proper facing (let me know if you want me to crank those out--I can do that vs. the 313 bases I've got on the burner currently...). It could also be a recommendation to anyone creating BRPG art (or DJ art that might also be intended to go into BRPG).
<>< ;^)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:55 pm

Issue 1, and its workaround, was mentioned in the ReadMe. I've also fixed that bug today, so that problem is history as soon as I post the new version.

Issue 2 is a different matter. I could have sworn I'd programmed in boundaries so that sort of thing wouldn't happen. I suspect I put in map-scrolling boundaries, but not figure-movement boundaries. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:57 pm

I forgot to rescale the sci-fi map to 61 pixels per square, so it will never line up with the BRPG grid overlay. I don't think it's a program bug.

Try using this resized map, and see if it lines up properly after scrolling.

:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:39 am

Update for version 1.03

Issue one is resolved. The selecting no longer shows up shifted when choosing a new map.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:40 am

Update for version 1.03

Issue two still exisits. I can scroll the map away totally and can also move an item totally of the map/screen.

Halebop

Re: Bug: Grid Alignment & Sizing (FIXED)

Post by Halebop » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:03 am

Kepli wrote:2. When I move a figure outside the map (onto the black), I can keep moving and moving and moving ... :wink:
Objects can be temporarily "parked" off the map using this. Also, by having no boundary to the map screen, players can not determine at which "end" of the world they are located by just scrolling.

Perhaps if you think this raises usability issues start a new thread for discussion because the alignment bug has been fixed.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:24 am

Agreed ... :wink:

Gwindel
Captain

Post by Gwindel » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:07 am

Indeed, I intended to use the outside zone to place figs waiting to be used (under fog of war). So, even if it is not intended, I would like the feature to be kept.
More people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol. — W. C. Fields

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:08 pm

Starting with beta 1.0.4, you can no longer scroll the map forever. There are now set scrolling boundaries in all four directions, to keep you "on the map". You can also no longer move units off the map grid.

Question: Should I confine units to the map grid (which is big), or to the map graphic itself (which could be small)? I can imagine some GMs might want to keep units off the map and hidden (although the Sideboard is a more effective method). I guess it might be fun to place a virtual beer or soda can on the virtual table, beside the map, for a more realistic gaming environment. :lol:

Gwindel
Captain

Post by Gwindel » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:19 pm

If sideboard works, I suppose an outside space is not really needed.
More people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol. — W. C. Fields

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:32 pm

heruca wrote:Starting with beta 1.0.4, you can no longer scroll the map forever. There are now set scrolling boundaries in all four directions, to keep you "on the map". You can also no longer move units off the map grid.
Sounds good!
heruca wrote: Question: Should I confine units to the map grid (which is big), or to the map graphic itself (which could be small)?
I think the map grid. Not so much to replace the sideboard although this might be useful. More so cheeky players can't test for the edge of the map. You know who you all are! Yes you do!