Bug: Can't quit (OS X) (RC2a) [FIXED]

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Nom
Sergeant

Bug: Can't quit (OS X) (RC2a) [FIXED]

Post by Nom » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:30 am

OS X 10.4.7

Battlegrounds won't quit, either from CMD-Q, the application menu, or the dock.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:57 am

Weird. The [Q] hotkey should always quit, as should selecting Quit from the red BG button. Command-Q used to be a bit flaky, but holding the key down for a second always seems to do the trick.

Is this issue repeatable for you, or was it some fluke where the app stopped responding completely?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Nom
Sergeant

Post by Nom » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:32 pm

Unfortunately, I didn't run a full test on this one, so I don't know how repeatable it is. The first time I ran the app it continued to respond as normal, except that trigging 'Quit' from any applicable method didn't actually quit (menu bar would flash and all that, but nothing would happen).

The second time, it quit as expected.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:49 pm

When any of the quit methods are triggered, a confirmation dialogue pops up in the center of your screen. Perhaps the dialogue somehow got buried behind something? But that shouldn't be possible, and if it somehow happened, it's a bug. Keep me posted if it happens again. No one else has had it happen, to my knowledge.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Nom
Sergeant

Post by Nom » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:15 pm

The symptoms certainly fit having a 'hidden' dialog box (something I'm unfortunately experienced with from using MS Word on the Mac). I'll poke around and see if I can duplicate them.

Full Bleed
General

Post by Full Bleed » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:57 pm

Has any MAC user had this problem since 1.0.2b?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:25 pm

Not me.

[Q] always works (if the map window has focus, at least)

Command-Q always works if you hold down the keys for a second (a quick tap of the keys might not trigger the "Are you sure...?" prompt)

Quitting from the command in the BG button menu always works, too.