Bug: Default Unit Settings (RC2a) [FIXED]

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Halebop

Bug: Default Unit Settings (RC2a) [FIXED]

Post by Halebop » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:09 am

BRPG RC2a, WinXp SP2

To duplicate: Select an object, place it but do not use "save as default" on settings.

Outcome: The next time you open the object, the defaults have changed. They are: Size 87%, Rotation 90 Degrees, Horizontal Offset 3, Vertical Offset 0.

It's a bit annoying because I had several "rightsized" objects that kept needing adjustment when I'd purposefully made them the correct size and position to save time placing them.

Workaround: Manually reset the object to 100%, 0 Degrees, 0/0 Horizontal/Vertical. Then "Save as Default" and OK.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:32 am

Confirmed, but you're actually "breaking the rules" if you fail to define how an item should be used the first time you use it. That's the whole reason unit defaults exist. Tell the program once how you like something, then forget about having to tweak things subsequently each time you use that item, unless you specifically want to use different settings.

In any case, I'll make it default to 100% scale, 0 degrees rotation, and 0 for the horizontal and vertical offsets.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:47 am

heruca wrote:In any case, I'll make it default to 100% scale, 0 degrees rotation, and 0 for the horizontal and vertical offsets.
Done. :)
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.