FoW bug when moving units with number keys [v1.0] [FIXED]

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
smatt1001
General

FoW bug when moving units with number keys [v1.0] [FIXED]

Post by smatt1001 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:36 am

When moving the figure using the numpad the Fog of War will not follow the unit. It will move in a different direction.

In the pictures linked below the figure was moved one square right and the FoW bubble moved 8 squares down.

This does not occur when moving figures via the mouse.

I have not tested this logged in yet but will do so as soon as I get BRPG installed on a second computer

Odd FoW movement
Well, if BRPG someday becomes a household name (at least among gamer households), smatt1001 will be able to boast that he was the first person in the world to buy a license.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:30 pm

Thanks for the quick report. It seems I introduced an error at the last minute (this was working fine yesterday, grr!). What's actually happening is that it's revealing based on wherever your mouse cursor happens to be, rather than the figure's new location.

If you click on the map after such a move, the figure will appear where the mouse was when the FoW was revealed, rather than where you wanted it. This is pretty major, and I will probably have to post an immediate update in the next day or so. Until then, use the drag method for moving things.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:14 pm

This is fixed. Expect a patch later today. :D

If you all can get any other bug reports in fast enough, I may be able to squeeze those fixes in as well.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:06 pm

Smatt, can you verify that this is fixed in v1.0.1? I'd like to start crossing off some of these open bug reports that I believe have been addressed already.