Crash after forgeting to name [FIXED-1.0.2a]

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
mahhand
Captain

Crash after forgeting to name [FIXED-1.0.2a]

Post by mahhand » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:16 am

hey guys, ben messing with 1.01 here, my first crash, which didnt happen till i was messing with it for 45 min, happened after i was on my 10th or so figure placment on a new loaded map. game was logined in as gm, but no player connected. i forgot to name a fig i placed and got the pop up warning. after that i named the fig and placed him. i then saved my encounter, and my next click after that to place another fig crashed program.

i have had a naming fig problem before, but it would not crash till i droped a second fig and it would have a strange name in the naming window. this time i didnt get their. think it was on a double click to drop a new fig when it did crash k.

mahhand

mahhand
Captain

Post by mahhand » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:24 am

ok, reloaded my saved encounter, now all my fig's are off center. their fig square is still snapped into the cell nie and tight, but their pic is not where i placed it and some have part of it cut off, others just are closer to being between squares

mahhand
Captain

Post by mahhand » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:30 am

ok now when i delete the fig and replace him or her, i still have my save as default set up, but fig shows off center like the one i deleted. it shows my saved default siaze and rotation and vertical and horizontal settings, but as soon as i change one of horozontail or vertical settings, it moved the fig to the correct size and location it was supposed to be placed at.

i then go and delete the next figure that is out of whack, and as soon as i delete him, the last figure i droped and fixed snals back to being all messed up just like before, argh! hehehehe

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:02 am

Hi ;-)
That bug has been around for a long time and bugging me a lot.

"Unique Name Crash"
http://www.battlegroundsgames.com/phpBB ... .php?t=395

Saving after triggering the bug (not entering a name) will cause your encounter file to be corrupted, so that is the problem you were experiencing.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:28 am

Darn, I was hoping that bug had somehow gotten fixed.

Please email me your Encounter, Mahhand.

As for your figures being misplaced, that should correct itself by doing this:
1. With your "corrupted" encounter loaded, deploy a new figure with the same artwork.
2. Adjust the scaling, rotation, and offsets the way you want them.
3. Make sure the "Save As Default" checkbox is checked.
4. Hit the Deploy button to finish placing it.
5. Your misplaced figure which uses that art should redraw and inherit your restored settings. You can now delete the figure you just placed. Its job is done.
6. Repeat as necessary for other misplaced figures.
7. Save the Encounter with a new name.

An alternate method is to simply hold down the Shift key as you click on a misplaced figure. This will re-center the figure (zero any offsets) without affecting scaling or rotation. If you don't want the figure perfectly centered, shift-drag it instead. This takes a little practice, though.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:42 am

Fixed for v1.0.2a, as noted elsewhere. This fix should also prevent corrupted saved Encounters.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.