Usability: User Art Transparent (FIXED)

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed

Usability: User Art Transparent (FIXED)

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:09 pm

I have tried to make my own .png files for my characters. They load well when I place them, but they turn semi-transparent as soon as they are deselected and stay that way even when I reselect them.
I did try to hide/unhide them, but that doesn't seem to change anything.

This one is not a bug but maybe an improvement:
to quit, I have to hit the Q key, which I did mistakenly. Maybe a combination would be more appropriate.

Moderator Edit: Using Mac Version.

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:18 pm

Hi "Guest".

Please restrict posts to a single bug or usability issue. We also suggest you log in to the forum so we can see who you are and resolve issues directly with you if need be.

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:23 pm

Issue resolved by user via "H" key.

heruca
Developer

Re: Usability: User Art Transparent

Post by heruca » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:48 pm

Anonymous wrote:I have tried to make my own .png files for my characters. They load well when I place them, but they turn semi-transparent as soon as they are deselected and stay that way even when I reselect them.
Figures and objects are placed on the map in Hidden mode by default, to allow the GM to tweak all the settings (labels, facing, etc.) before revealing the unit to the players.
Anonymous wrote:I did try to hide/unhide them, but that doesn't seem to change anything.
Two possibilities: You may have unselected the figure before hitting the [H] hotkey, or you may have turned on the setting for "Invisible/Stealth" for the figure in question (in which case it's supposed to be transparent).
Anonymous wrote:This one is not a bug but maybe an improvement:
to quit, I have to hit the Q key, which I did mistakenly. Maybe a combination would be more appropriate.

Moderator Edit: Using Mac Version.
Beta 1.0.3 (to be made available soon, I hope) will ask for confirmation before quitting. And also before deleting a figure.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:57 am

Update for version 1.03

When deleting an object/figure with BACKSPACE, you get asked for confirmation.
When you press Q to quit to get asked for confirmation.
ESC still closes the program without warning (is that good?)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:30 am

Deleting an object should NOT ask you for confirmation.

The ESC key still quits you out of the program, but this is not desired. I'm still working on that issue.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:56 am

heruca wrote:Deleting an object should NOT ask you for confirmation.
Confirmed: Deleting an object using [BACKSPACE] does ask for confirmation. Although this seems sensible to me.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:18 pm

Just an update to say that confirmation when quitting is always required now (starting with beta 1.0.4), regarldess of the method used to try to quit.