Captain

BUG: Map Graphic Offset (v1.0.6 Beta)

Post by Tlichie » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:06 pm

Moderator Edit to Clarify Steps to Reproduce:

1) Open BRPG.
2) Open new Map.
3) Close BRPG.
4) Open BRPG.
5) Attempt to re-open the same Map as in Step 2.
6) The preview window of the Map is offset.

Okay, found this one while testing the tile bug. Didn't see that it was mentioned elsewhere. It doesn't break the program by any means, so I wouldn't worry about messing with it for tomorrow's update, but does affect the "look" of things.

Selected and loading any map other than the default grass causing the map to be offset the next time the list is looked at. Reloading the map puts the graphic back where it should be and at first it would stay that way when loading another map and closing the program and reopening (which was now the one offset) but the more I played with it the worse it got with nothing (other than the grass) permanantly resetting back where it should be after closing. I'll leave it alone for a bit and then see what happens.
--Tlichie

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:28 pm

What's getting offset? The map's placement in the main program window? Or the map thumbnail preview image in the Map Panel?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Tlichie
Captain

Post by Tlichie » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:37 pm

the thumbnail in the preview window, sorry I wasn't more clear.
--Tlichie

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:53 pm

Unable to duplicate.

See this Quicktime movie:
http://www.battlegroundsgames.com/Map_T ... Offset.mov
The thumbnail images are always perfectly centered, both before importing the maps and after.

Could be that it's fixed, although I don't recall making changes to this in v1.0.2, which is what I used to run the test.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Tlichie
Captain

Post by Tlichie » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:49 pm

I'll test it again when v 1.0.2 comes out.

It doesn't look from the video that you shut down the program and restarted it, which is what triggers the offset - just judging since when you reopen it's on the same background, rather than the default grass that comes up when the program starts...unless you changed it to default to the last selection on startup?

Anyway, I'll test it again after v 1.0.2 :)
--Tlichie

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:29 pm

Oh, it wasn't clear from the original post that quitting the app was key to duplicating the offset bug. Anyway, it's too late to address now for v1.0.2, so if you find that the problem persists in the new version, just bump the thread for me. :)

Tlichie
Captain

Post by Tlichie » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:56 am

Just tested this again and it's still present for v1.0.2 The key is closing the app. when you select an offset thumbnail, it will reset to where it's supposed to be and may or may not stay where it's supposed to be (seems more often not for me at this point) after closing and reopening the program.

There's no functionality lost that I can tell, just a "look" issue.
--Tlichie

Full Bleed
General

Post by Full Bleed » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:36 pm

Bump for notice that this bug still exists in 1.0.6 Beta.

First post edited to clarify steps for reproduction.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:56 am

This bug is still there in v1.0.7a. Will try to address it in v1.0.8.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:48 am

This is fixed for v1.0.8a.