v1.0.2 bugs [FIXED]

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
heruca
Developer

v1.0.2 bugs [FIXED]

Post by heruca » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:08 pm

Here's a list of what I've found wrong with v1.0.2 so far.

Critical Issues (in order of severity):
1) If you forget to name a unit when you deploy it, BRPG will crash the next time you place a unit, or the time after that. Workaround: Don't forget to name your units, and if you do, immediately save your Encounter, then relaunch BRPG.
2) Units lose their offsets. Very annoying. Current suggested workaround: don't use offsets until this is fixed.
3) The GM will suffer from chat lag after sending a map, if one of the recipients is no longer logged in.
4) The "Chat As..." popup menu on the chat window is not listing the currently-selected setting when you close the chat window and then reopen it. This can get confusing.
5) The GM is not receiving dice rolls sent to "Everyone". Until this is fixed, send dice rolls to the GM specifically.

I think if these issues are addressed, BRPG will finally be quite usable in game sessions, and folks who have been waiting in the wings until a smoothly-playable version was available will have to wait no more.

Less-critical issues:
6) The "No Background" PNG (located in Maps/Backgrounds for Tiles/) needs to be deleted from the zip package.
7) If the GM logs off before the players, the Fog of War mask is lifted on the player screens, briefly revealing the full map underneath until the map is replaced with the default grass map a moment later.
8 ) The GM needs some sort of automatic notification from each player client to let him know when they've finished receiving a map transfer, so that he knows when he can continue with the session.

If you come across anything not listed here and not already noted in another bug report, please lt me know ASAP.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Re: v1.0.2 bugs

Post by Omnidon » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:22 pm

heruca wrote:Workaround: Don't forget to name your units, and if you do, immediately save your Encounter, then relaunch BRPG.
Remind me, did you add something to prevent encounters getting corrupted? I remember that bug was causing encounters to become corrupted as well.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:29 pm

No, I just added something to auto-name a unit, but that seems to not be doing anything to prevent the impending crash.

It slipped my mind that Encounters saved in these situations would be corrupted. Disregard the workaround advice, then.

Edit: Actually, that gives me an idea for figuring out what's causing the crash.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:11 pm

I forgot to mention one other non-critical bug:

Zooming from the BG button menu is not center-based. But this is already fixed for the next release.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:10 am

Just an update to this thread:
I believe all the bugs listed in the opening post have been fixed in v1.0.2b. And issue 8 will be addressed in a future release.

Full Bleed
General

Post by Full Bleed » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:37 pm

heruca wrote:Just an update to this thread:
I believe all the bugs listed in the opening post have been fixed in v1.0.2b. And issue 8 will be addressed in a future release.
Given that, do you mind if this announcement is moved to Fixed?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:31 pm

Sure, go ahead.