Die Roller/Chat Addressing [FIXED-1.0.2a]

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Balesir
General

Die Roller/Chat Addressing [FIXED-1.0.2a]

Post by Balesir » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:05 pm

During tonight's session we had several problems with the die roller (to start with not going to the GM if sent to 'EVERYONE' - a known bug - then later not going to the GM at all!)

Chat, too, seemed to be dropping from time-to-time; I had to repeat some calls for AoO. This might have been linked to use of the die roller, but by the time this occurred to me it was too late to check.

The other thing that may have explained some of the more extreme behaviour was that I had a server crash when trying to delete a unit and add another (replace mount and rider with mounted figure, then later to replace mook with corpse object). Following this I restarted BRPG and reconnected - I think some of the players had not logged out. They automagically reconnected (which was cool), but I think the communications links may have been screwy as a result, maybe? I have put all these in one report since they may (or may not) be connected...
Balesir

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:48 pm

I take it this session was run with v1.0.2?

Were there problems with the dice roller other than the wrong person getting the roll, or no one getting the roll?

I don't think the com links were screwy due to some players not logging off, because everything gets reset for them the moment they re-establish contact with a GM.

Thanks for the report. Overall, would you say there were more problems than in prior game sessions, or less problems?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Balesir
General

Post by Balesir » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:08 am

heruca wrote:I take it this session was run with v1.0.2?
Sorry, I should have stated this - no, it was 1.0.1. Given that 1.0.2 is a full download and was out very close to the run, I decided to go with the version that I knew everybody already had and that we had tested the week before. Next run (week after next) should be 1.0.2 (or even 1.0.3 if it's out well before :wink: ).
heruca wrote:Were there problems with the dice roller other than the wrong person getting the roll, or no one getting the roll?
Don't think so - although when first opened the die roller frequently already had a roll result (!) before the die was rolled... This didn't seem to affect the actual roll, though, and didn't show in chat or anything. Maybe it was the last roll made by any player??
heruca wrote:I don't think the com links were screwy due to some players not logging off, because everything gets reset for them the moment they re-establish contact with a GM.
Oh, OK - just a thought.
heruca wrote:Thanks for the report. Overall, would you say there were more problems than in prior game sessions, or less problems?
Oh, less problems, definitely. This run was a fairly big combat, and so we tested the turn tracker, die roller, player movement, chat and so on pretty hard. It was working well enough to enjoy the fight - just some niggles with who stuff gets sent to...
Balesir

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:16 am

Balesir wrote:when first opened the die roller frequently already had a roll result (!) before the die was rolled... This didn't seem to affect the actual roll, though, and didn't show in chat or anything. Maybe it was the last roll made by any player??
Sounds like a bug. I'll check it out and make sure all old results are cleared when opening the Dice Roller panel.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:24 pm

Fixed for v1.0.2a: Die rolls sent to "Everyone" now show up for the GM.