Farland's v1.04 bugs [FIXED]

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Farland
High Commander

Farland's v1.04 bugs [FIXED]

Post by Farland » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:30 pm

My player is connected to my computer and I'm hosting. Whenever I place a figure when she is connected, I get a Director Player Error, List Expected for Handler, # count.

I can click yes to continue.

We both downloaded new v1.04 and cleared our prefs.
The World of Farland: www.farlandworld.com

The best PbP site on the net: www.myth-weavers.com

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:04 am

Is anyone else able to duplicate this? I just tried (running two instances on my Dell) and it worked fine.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:16 am

Farland, does this also happen if the two of you switch roles?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Farland
High Commander

Post by Farland » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:11 pm

She has a player client. Can she host?

Also, if she chooses to upgrade to a GM Client, can she just pay you the difference?

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:15 pm

Farland wrote:She has a player client. Can she host?
I believe the player client can host for 45 minutes before timing out like the demo client.
Farland wrote:Also, if she chooses to upgrade to a GM Client, can she just pay you the difference?
heruca wrote:Yes, it can be upgraded, but for now it's strictly a "manual" process. You email me stating your intention to upgrade, then pay the price difference via PayPal. I then cancel your Player Client license code and issue you a new code for a GM Client license.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:16 pm

That's correct, she can host for up to 45 minutes. As many consecutive sessions as she wants.

If she wanted to, she certainly could upgrade her client from Player to GM. Just ask her to email me and I'll set her up. As you guessed, and as Omnidon confirmed, she'd just have to pay the price difference.

Farland
High Commander

Post by Farland » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:23 pm

I did some testing yesterday with two players, and it was quite successful. The only problem I had was a repetition of the error in the first post of this thread, but it only occurred when I deployed the first four or five figures. After that it went away and did not recur. It seemed to resolve itself. I would like to get this bug ironed out, but it didn't affect much.

The fog of war and map transfer worked very well.

Looking forward to more successful tests, because I'm itching to use it in-game.

I have not yet tried to test with someone else hosting, but that's coming.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:07 pm

I'm rather surprised that the issue resolved itself.

Could it be that on the fifth figure or so, you set a paramater that you'd not set before that session, like base type, base size, token style, etc.?

Or did you perhaps go into the Preferences panel?

Getting this info should help me squash this bug.

Farland
High Commander

Post by Farland » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:37 pm

Actually, I was surprised too, because I did absolutely nothing to any prefs. I just continued to deploy figures and it went away.

It only happens when I have other players connected.

We did notice that BRPG was consuming almost 300 megs to run. It seems to be eating up ram. I know this is an issue that's been reported, but I didn't catch what the conclusion of that discussion was.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:19 pm

Farland wrote:We did notice that BRPG was consuming almost 300 megs to run. It seems to be eating up ram. I know this is an issue that's been reported, but I didn't catch what the conclusion of that discussion was.
heruca tweaked the code to optimize performance and fixed an issue with memory & CPU usage in multiplayer, but never discovered what was causing the rest of the problem.