BUG: Free Floating Objects Snapping to Grid. (1.0.5 Beta)

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Full Bleed
General

BUG: Free Floating Objects Snapping to Grid. (1.0.5 Beta)

Post by Full Bleed » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:24 am

According to the Readme regarding Free-Floating Objects:
They may not be moved with the keypad or number keys, and they do not snap to grid.
I agree that they shouldn't snap to grid... but they do.
Last edited by Full Bleed on Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:49 pm

You're right. The text in the ReadMe conflicts with what I ended up doing. But after what I suggested in this thread, I'm thinking we may want keypad movement and snap-to-grid to remain available for these items:
http://www.battlegroundsgames.com/phpBB ... .php?t=953

I can find little reason to artificially limit the functionality of Free-Floating objects. I mean, they can always be moved with pixel-perfct precision by turning off snap-to-grid for a moment. What do you all think?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Full Bleed
General

Post by Full Bleed » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:25 pm

heruca wrote:I can find little reason to artificially limit the functionality of Free-Floating objects. I mean, they can always be moved with pixel-perfct precision by turning off snap-to-grid for a moment. What do you all think?
Then I suggest you have a Free-Floating preference section where we can turn off snap-to-grid for FFO's even when the rest of the map is using snap-to-grid. To do things like your "Game Pad" suggestion with free-floating objects will nearly *require* that snap to grid be turned off.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:00 pm

How about I go one better? I was thinking of adding a Snap to Grid toggle parameter for each unit, so that some units will never snap even if STG is enabled, and others can snap even when STG is disabled.

Settings for each unit could be:
Per map setting (the default)
Always snap to grid
Never snap to grid
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Full Bleed
General

Post by Full Bleed » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:22 pm

heruca wrote:How about I go one better? I was thinking of adding a Snap to Grid toggle parameter for each unit, so that some units will never snap even if STG is enabled, and others can snap even when STG is disabled.

Settings for each unit could be:
Per map setting (the default)
Always snap to grid
Never snap to grid
Sounds like a great option. :)

But I do wonder if having a global Free-Floating setting might still be useful.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:44 pm

For v1.0.6, Free-floating objects no longer snap-to-grid.

I may add some of the options discussed above in a future version.