BUG: highlight/move one square (1.0.5 Beta) [FIXED]

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Helizar
Sergeant

BUG: highlight/move one square (1.0.5 Beta) [FIXED]

Post by Helizar » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:05 am

When I lay down some figures, then click on one of them to move it, it moves automatically 1 square to the right or left. I only clicked on the figure to highlight it and it moves 1 square. It doesn't happen everytime, but when it starts, it happens almost all the time I highlight any of the figures.

Helizar
Sergeant

Post by Helizar » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:17 am

It may also move up or down, not just left or right. I'm able to duplicate this bug consistently. Just lay a few figures down, the started highlighting each one and moving them. Eventually they start moving 1 square by just highlighting them.

just to add in a quick note...they can move diag. too. Basically 1 adjacent square.

Full Bleed
General

Post by Full Bleed » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:17 am

Helizar wrote:It may also move up or down, not just left or right. I'm able to duplicate this bug consistently. Just lay a few figures down, the started highlighting each one and moving them. Eventually they start moving 1 square by just highlighting them.

just to add in a quick note...they can move diag. too. Basically 1 adjacent square.
This is the bug I've already mentioned in the original v1.0.5 beta release thread. It's a doozy.

It was kind of hard to figure out exactly what the trigger was, but it doesn't start acting erratically until after you use the zoom (which I do a lot.)

You can lay figures down and move around just fine... but once you zoom in/out (I use the mouse wheel) movement gets really erratic and more unpredictable. It starts out kind of minor, with just a single move on a click, but it gets worse the more you use the zoom and the more you try to move stuff (it gets hard to even properly select and move things.)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:35 am

Yeah, that's been reported. It seems to be happening only after the map has been scrolled or after the zoom level has changed. This will be fixed in the v1.0.5 patch in the next couple of days.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

BTS1967
General

Post by BTS1967 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:36 am

I have noticed that this bug does not occur if you turn the snap-to-grid off.

Barry

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:35 am

Correct, since the bug is in the snapping code. :P
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.