BUG: List expected for handler on Connect (1.0.2b) [FIXED]

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
HugeOgre
Cannon Fodder

BUG: List expected for handler on Connect (1.0.2b) [FIXED]

Post by HugeOgre » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:33 pm

Windows XP Home Edition, P4 3.2 Ghz 1 GB RAM, running licensed 1.02b software

When clients connect they sometimes get a "List expected for handler" error. One client (on LAN) got several errors when exiting. Enabling FoW after she left caused a serious error in BG (Its words, not mine) and had to be manually killed from the task manager. Relaunch of program and WAN user reconnected, after which time I got this message.

"List expected for handler"
#count
Script Error. Continue?
[/img]

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:20 pm

I believe this happens when a player logs into a game but for some reason fails to receive the list of connected clients from the GM. If your players don't see your name listed in the "Participants List" portion of the chat panel when they log in, they should log off and try logging in again, until they see your name listed.

This problem is supposedly fixed in v1.0.5.
ReadMe wrote:Bug fix: Fixed a race condition which was sometimes allowing player clients to join a game without certain variables being properly initialized, and the GM's username would not appear in the Participants List portion of the chat panel. This resulted in the player client not receiving game updates or unit updates from the GM, and could in turn cause other errors.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.