Placing unfiled figures fails

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
oleingva
General

Placing unfiled figures fails

Post by oleingva » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:56 pm

I just started v 1.1b, and tried to place an unfiled figure. The unit was placed, but I got a Director Error message, and after clicking 'yes', the edit figure box did not show up and the figure list box stayed open. Trying to place the unit again gave the same error, while clicking cancel didn't break anything.

I could edit the figure afterwards by right clicking on in and selecting 'edit figure', though it had not been given any name.

After trying to restart BRPG, it happened again. After restarting once again, the error disappeared. I'm not sure if I can recreate it, but I thought I'd mention it anyhow. I did exactly the same thing every time (though I tried to place some filed files both the first and the second time).

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:44 pm

I have had this bug before in the past too, though I can't recall what I decided was the cause.

It may have been caused by a conflict with my special mouse drivers, or it may have been the side effect of another bug that was triggered beforehand.

oleingva
General

Post by oleingva » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:32 pm

Hmm . . . it was the very first thing I did after starting BRPG, so I doubt it could have been caused by something else. As for special mouse drivers, I'm not sure. My laptop has a touch pad, and I use an optical mouse in addition. Any chance that these two might conflict somehow? I never had this bug before.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:40 pm

oleingva wrote:Hmm . . . it was the very first thing I did after starting BRPG, so I doubt it could have been caused by something else. As for special mouse drivers, I'm not sure. My laptop has a touch pad, and I use an optical mouse in addition. Any chance that these two might conflict somehow? I never had this bug before.
Well, both optical mice and touchpads usually come with custom drivers, but it doesn't sound like that is the problem in your case.

I didn't mean I necessarily had the same cause for the bug as you did, merely that I have been able to trigger the same effects in the past. It could still be the same code causing it.

And as I said, I don't remember how I caused it to happen back then either. I haven't been testing BRPG much lately.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:36 pm

By any chance, does this seem to only happen if you place a unit whose graphic's filename is particularly long? (e.g., "Black Knight Swinging his Bastard Sword.png")
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

oleingva
General

Post by oleingva » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:54 am

Hmmm . . . I cannot remember what file I was placing. I'll try to experiment with it later.

oleingva
General

Post by oleingva » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:05 am

Nothing. I think this must be one of the things that only happens during a real, live game session. :roll: