Script error when loading encounters

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
cuhullen
Soldier

Script error when loading encounters

Post by cuhullen » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:40 pm

Using v1.2 beta for windows, I'm getting a fatal script error when I load saved encounters. Roughly 10 to 15 seconds after loading an encounter I get "Director Player Error - Object Expected". Clicking yes to continue the script give me the same popup over and over so I eventually have to click no and get dumped out of the application. It may be related to fog of war (or may not) because the first time it happened was after activating fog of war to make sure my parameters were saved. Any thoughts?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:36 pm

Does your Encounter have a very long filename? If so, try shortening it and see if it loads. If it still won't load, email me the Encounter file and I'll take a look to see if I can fix it.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

cuhullen
Soldier

Script error

Post by cuhullen » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:24 pm

That seemed to work. Thanks

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:06 pm

Any idea what the cutoff length was for it to work? Is it 27 characters, including the ".bge" suffix?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

cuhullen
Soldier

Post by cuhullen » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:21 pm

I'm not sure. I cut them back a fair amount to be safe. The longest file name is currently 15 characters including the suffix. The longest before I trimmed them (and the one I was having the biggest problem with) was only 20 characters including the suffix.