Updating fog of war on player clients

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
cuhullen
Soldier

Updating fog of war on player clients

Post by cuhullen » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:10 pm

I don't know if this has been covered but I find I have to update fog of war for player clients manually after every figure move the players make. Is this uncommon. Two nights ago a player and me, using version 1.2 for windows were just playing with the system to test some features. When the player moved his figure I could see the move perfectly but to him his figure moved and then snapped back unless I updated fog of war. Please advise.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:45 pm

That is not expected behavior. The Player Client sends a call to all connected clients for the Fog to update after any unit is moved (whether by dragging or by using the number keys to move).

Could it be that you were both moving the same unit at the same time? Or were you doing something while he was taking his move that caused his move to not register, for some reason (like keeping a contextual menu open for a long time)?

Another thing to check: if your Player is moving his figure with the number keys, ask him to slow down a bit and allow each move to complete before taking the next move.

I'll test this later today to make sure it's not some new bug that crept into v1.2.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.