no grid overlay on player maps and one other issue

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
fb66
General

no grid overlay on player maps and one other issue

Post by fb66 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:26 pm

hi :D

had our fist little test session today and noticed a few small issues. I am not sure they are bugs or just thing we are doing wrong.

1.when the map loads on the player side the hex grid overlay does not show and nothing we can do will remedy this. the grid is working at range etc can be measured and when you click a part of the map a hex shape briefly highlights.

2. as a gm i can have one figure declare an attack and then click on the target to declare it a target to allow my plyers to know who is attacking who. however my player can only click on attack of the contextual menu for them selves but cant declare a target because they are not the owner of the target thus get no contextual menu.

i hope this means something to you lol as i am not generally very good at explaining technical stuff :)

brian

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:46 pm

1. Did you try pressing the [G] hotkey on the Player client? Perhaps someone had hidden the grid by accident. Alternatively, you could use the "Show Grid" command on the BG button's popup menu. The thing to keep in mind is that the GM and the player views can have different grid settings. There is currently no way, for example, to FORCE the player view to show a specific color grid at a specific opacity level. Is that a desirable feature?

2. Sounds like a bug. It was working before. I must've broken it while making some unrelated change.

Thanks for the reports.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

fb66
General

thanks

Post by fb66 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:01 pm

thanks for the prompt reply :D
i think it is a desirable function for the gm to be able to force the player to see eactly what the gm sees on a map.

brian

heruca
Developer

Re: no grid overlay on player maps and one other issue

Post by heruca » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:13 pm

fb66 wrote:2. as a gm i can have one figure declare an attack and then click on the target to declare it a target to allow my plyers to know who is attacking who. however my player can only click on attack of the contextual menu for them selves but cant declare a target because they are not the owner of the target thus get no contextual menu.
Yep, it was a bug after all. I'm adding a fix right now for v1.2a.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:53 pm

OK, it's fixed and working great in v1.2a.