Small Bug with Licensed Client

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
TRIAD4Evr
General

Small Bug with Licensed Client

Post by TRIAD4Evr » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:00 pm

One of my players has his own license for the client- but we've noticed that when he disconnects, the game doesn't properly track him as being disconnected- when next he connects, it says his license is already in use and boots him immediately. The one and only fix thus far has been me restarting the GM client and having him reconnect. Could you please implement a way to "boot" a player where it's certain to pick up that their license is not still in use, either? This was in 1.6i, I haven't tried h... and I was getting the same dice-table vanishing issue too once in awhile (which was why my player was disconnecting), nice to know that Shift-R allegedly can fix it. My player postulated that it had something to do with him minimizing/closing other windows while BG was running but he couldn't reproduce it with any regularity.

heruca
Developer

Re: Small Bug with Licensed Client

Post by heruca » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:10 pm

TRIAD4Evr wrote:The one and only fix thus far has been me restarting the GM client and having him reconnect.
Seems like if you simply stop hosting and then rehost, it should also fix the "ghost player" issue, and is faster than restarting BRPG. Have you tried that?
TRIAD4Evr wrote:Could you please implement a way to "boot" a player where it's certain to pick up that their license is not still in use, either?
I've been wanting to address this for quite some time, but won't do so until there is a new official release in place, as I am fairly likely to break things for a couple of beta releases once I start futzing with the network code.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

TRIAD4Evr
General

Post by TRIAD4Evr » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:25 pm

I will try that tonight, letcha know whether it works or not. Though if the Shift-R thing works, then I won't need to, because that was what kept breaking that made him have to relog.