Audio attached to Figures problem

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
Kazander
General

Audio attached to Figures problem

Post by Kazander » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:08 pm

There's an intermittent bug with audio files attached to figures.

Last night, the first time I moved a figure that had an audio file attached to it, the file played without any prompting on my part. It only played on the attached client computers, not the host. Just moving the figure. After the first time, it didn't do it anymore.

I replicated it once this morning, but after that I cannot, even after restarting both client/server BRPG, and even after restarting my computer and loading the same encounter that exhibited the problem before.

I thought attached audio files were there just for convenience--i.e. they're never supposed to play by themselves--but I can't find anything in the manual or here on the boards that really tells me.

I'd upload the media bundle and encounter, but even zipped it's almost 50MB altogether....too big to upload here.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:25 pm

I think it's only playing one time because the client is playing it when the audio asset is initially received via peer-to-peer transfer. Once the audio clip exists on the client, it no longer plays on subsequent times that the unit is updated.

I suspect if you were to purge the audio clip on the player client, it would once again play unprovoked. So yes, it's a bug, since an audio clip should only play when you explicitly tell it to play.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

pyroknight
Captain

Post by pyroknight » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:05 pm

I see this bug too. Just so Kazander knows he is not crazy.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:10 pm

Well, let's not necessarily rule out that possibility. :lol:
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:07 pm

No, no; fear not. It's been confirmed by several independent 'sources'. The reliability of said friends...er, I mean, 'sources' however, I would describe as 'questionable'. :P