Medieval Armies "Unmounted Horse 3" has a split personality

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
Kazander
General

Medieval Armies "Unmounted Horse 3" has a split personality

Post by Kazander » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:27 pm

The thumbnail looks very similar to the other horses, but the actual token the comes up has no armor, and is a smaller horse. Markedly different. :)

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:35 pm

Horse 8 has a worse problem; it's not only a different horse, but it show's up at 90 degrees from the other ones. Took a dip in the wrong end of the gene pool. :D

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:15 pm

Did you by chance download Alynnalyzza's set of horse tokens from his website? I think he named them exactly the same as the names I used for the Medieval Armies artpack. Since BRPG calls up assets by name, it is finding two assets with identical names and showing the wrong one.

That's my theory, anyway, since I just checked the artpack's master file and the horses all look correct and are facing the correct way.

See if renaming the downloaded PNGs helps resolve this.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Alynnalizza
Captain

Post by Alynnalizza » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:30 pm

heruca wrote:Did you by chance download Alynnalyzza's set of horse tokens from his website? I think he named them exactly the same as the names I used for the Medieval Armies artpack. Since BRPG calls up assets by name, it is finding two assets with identical names and showing the wrong one.

That's my theory, anyway, since I just checked the artpack's master file and the horses all look correct and are facing the correct way.

See if renaming the downloaded PNGs helps resolve this.
Oh shoot, let me know if I did that, I'll have to correct the downloadable horse names to prevent such an issue.
Asgardnorth.net & Asgardnorth.com , 2 sources for your Fantasy Needs. Com for freebies, Net for commercial items. Stop by and take a look.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:29 am

It's my fault, Jeff. I should have used more unique names for the horse tokens.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:10 am

I don't recall specifically if I've downloaded Alynnalizza's horse tokens. I've downloaded an awful lot of BRPG-focussed stuff over the past couple of years. I could not actually find any tokens called "Horse X" in my BRPG subfolders when I did a quick search before bed last night.

It could be that I have legacy tokens in my User Cast. I'll go through it tonight and do some purging. I should have thought of that prior to posting, but, I did not.

I'll update this thread once I've checked.

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:56 pm

That was my problem; I already had a Horse 3 and Horse 8 in my User Cast. Sorry for not checking. I don't know if they came from Alynnalizza or not though.