Die macros with spaces in the name appear greyed out

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
Capellan
Cannon Fodder

Die macros with spaces in the name appear greyed out

Post by Capellan » Sat May 07, 2011 10:11 am

Using 1.6m, if I make a macro and then save it with spaces in the name, I'm unable to use it later. It will appear in the Saved Macro list but the name is greyed out and I can't click it.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat May 07, 2011 10:30 am

Welcome, Capellan.

Are you sure there are no parenthesis in the dice macro's name? That will cause it to be unselectable (greyed out in the popup menu).
pg. 162 of updated User Manual wrote:¢ Media assets and saved Dice Macros should not contain parenthesis in their filename, or they will be unselectable from the popup menus in BRPG.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Capellan
Cannon Fodder

Post by Capellan » Sat May 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Good question, I deleted the files already so I can't go back and check. I did just test it though and you're right, it works fine with spaces but not parenthesis. I had probably been trying to do something like "Damage (with Sneak Attack)". Thanks. :)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat May 07, 2011 3:53 pm

If you absolutely must have parenthesis, use a double opening parenthesis.

For example:
"Damage ((with Sneak Attack)"

I believe that doing so will cause it to not be greyed out/disabled in the popup menu.

Failing that, use square brackets ( [ ] ) instead of parenthesis.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.