Load Deployment Here

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
markuwp
General

Load Deployment Here

Post by markuwp » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:47 am

I tried to load a deployment last night using the "load here" command. I got script errors and was unable to go any further until I'd clicked "yes" and also deleted all of the figures I'd just loaded. I tried again multiple times, and each time I immediately got script errors and couldn't proceed. Then I tried using the regular "load deployment" command to load the same thing and everything worked fine. I am on 1.7 with a PC.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:00 am

I just tried a "Load Deployment Here" using v1.7a and it worked without a hitch.

Does your issue still happen after relaunching BRPG, or after having loaded the Deployment in the normal manner? Was it an old Deployment that needed updating, perhaps?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

markuwp
General

more details

Post by markuwp » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:36 am

heruca wrote:I just tried a "Load Deployment Here" using v1.7a and it worked without a hitch.

Does your issue still happen after relaunching BRPG, or after having loaded the Deployment in the normal manner? Was it an old Deployment that needed updating, perhaps?
We're using 1.7a as well. I did not try relaunching BRPG or the "Load Here" command after the error because after I loaded the deployment normally things worked, so I tried again. I can replicate the error and loading/restarting doesn't help. I've attached the encounter. I can't seem to attach the deployment file, so I'll email it to you.
Attachments
45 - Underwater arena.bge
(2.45 KiB) Downloaded 281 times

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:58 pm

It turns out to not be a problem with the "Load Deployment Here" command, but rather a corrupted Deployment file. I fixed it and emailed it back.

There was a weird mix of hex bases and square bases on the Jonah figure, and some info on the unit regarding the multiple tokens assigned to it was missing. Was the unit ever tweaked manually via a text editor?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.