BGE v10 Bug - "\" does not show floating command palette

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
DaveyJJ
Cannon Fodder

BGE v10 Bug - "\" does not show floating command palette

Post by DaveyJJ » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:04 am

Steps to reproduce (OSX 10.6.8, 15" 2.66GHz MBP, 4GB RAM etc):

Started demo v1.0 BGE. Floating command palette shows by default. Hit "\" key and the command palette hides. Hit "\" again to show command palette and nothing happens. Click on the hexagonal floating B to confirm the key command is right (\) and then hit "\" again and voila! Floating command palette reappears. Hit "\" hides palette again fine but then hitting "\" again does not show the palette. Click B to show commands again and then hit "\" and the floating command palette now reappears agin.

Summarizing ... the "\" is not showing the floating command palette after it's been hidden unless you click on the B icon first.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:30 am

I think what's actually happening is that BGE is losing keyboard focus after the Command panel closes. Just click on the game table window to give BGE focus and the "\" hotkey (as well as all other hotkeys) will work again.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

DaveyJJ
Cannon Fodder

Post by DaveyJJ » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:41 pm

heruca wrote:I think what's actually happening is that BGE is losing keyboard focus after the Command panel closes. Just click on the game table window to give BGE focus and the "" hotkey (as well as all other hotkeys) will work again.
Yes, that is it. I don't think it should need a click to refocus, but that did the trick, many thanks.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:16 pm

I agree, but it's a bug in the authoring environment (Adobe Director), so there's not much I can do about it. :cry:
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.