Maps not Loading after Media Purge

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
TRIAD4Evr
General

Maps not Loading after Media Purge

Post by TRIAD4Evr » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:57 pm

I did a Purge Media function earlier today to clean up after renaming/moving some tokens and I purged my maps, too, and after re-importing the newly re-categorized figures, I cannot load _any_ map with M/ Choose Map- I just get the placeholder image. Maps that are part of encounters work fine, just not _new_ maps. Please advise! There is no other function to reimport maps and this is a big problem!!!

Also, I saw that you asked another person with a similar issue if they had imported a bunch of stuff, they had, but you never indicated any sort of fix. Do I have to get a clean User.ctx file? If so, won't I have to re-import _everything_ then?

Thanks for your help. It's almost game time, luckily I have a preloaded encounter map I can use at least to start...

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:45 pm

If you put the map file in the Visual Aids folder and then display the map as a Visual Aid in BRPG, does the map thereafter show up in your Encounter?

If you add an object in BRPG, does it show up? I need to know in order to help diagnose if the problem is with your media library or not.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

TRIAD4Evr
General

Post by TRIAD4Evr » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:48 pm

Didn't try the visual aid thing... I am actually just patching an archived version so I can get on with the game tonight, but after tonight's game, I will see.

The maps fixed okay when I installed a fresh 1.7c overtop of my old one, but then some figures that were renamed recently are not showing up, even after I re-import them with the renamed name... I am beginning to think something is broken on the import end of things...

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:52 am

If you are using Encounters that were created/saved prior to renaming the graphic/media assets, you would need to edit the Encounter/s in a text editor to ensure that the media assets it uses match the new graphic file names.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

TRIAD4Evr
General

Post by TRIAD4Evr » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:58 am

Okay, not too bad for the long file names... thanks! In the meantime, I will further explore what's going on...