Measure Range/Line of Sight Tool doesn't show

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
Kazander
General

Measure Range/Line of Sight Tool doesn't show

Post by Kazander » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:47 am

Apparently this has been a problem for some time, but my Mac-based player hasn't said anything.

He can Control-click on the figure to get the menu, but when he releases the Control key and selects either Measure Range or Check line of Sight, nothing happens. The cursor does not change to a cross, and he doesn't get a drawn line and a range shown.

It may be me--things just work different on a Mac, and I'm not very familiar with Macs myself.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:04 am

Hmmm, those features work fine on my Mac.

Is your friend running in Full Screen mode, or standard? Has he edited the INI file to say "FullScreen=1"?

Does the "Measure Move" command work properly?

Just in case, have him check the second Preferences screen to make sure that "Emulate right click" is enabled.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:46 pm

I'll get back to you on this; I'm not sure when he's going to be around to try this. I've forwarded it to him. Thanks.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:32 am

While you're at it, see if he is using dual monitors, and if so, which monitor is displaying the map window (#1 or #2).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:54 pm

"Emulate right click" was not enabled. That's all the problem was--user error.

Thanks for the help, and sorry for the erroneous bug report.